Monday, January 10, 2011

Can religion bring peace to earth?

Very interesting conversation happened yesterday when two elderly ladies from local church showed up at my house. After our usual hi-hello, they asked me a very simple but powerful question... Do I believe that religion can bring peace to earth?

Well, my answer was equally easy and powerful. I told them that in my view "Religious is root cause of all the wars and evil in this planet. You take out all the religions of world and you might have perfect peace loving planet earth and earthlings"

I guess in modern times, root cause of all the wars and fighting and hatred is religion. Off course I don't blame any single religion. All of them share responsiblity. We can argue about the share of responsiblity but it can't be denied.

Well, then comes the question of origin of these religions. All of them were founded by great great leaders or what we call Gods today. I strongly believe that all the religions and their holy books teach to love everyone else. However, it is the interpretation by the followers and the kaput human brain which makes these religions so dangerous and create so much of hatred instead of peace. Sooner or later everyone will start realizing and try to do something to get rid of all these..

Another thing which drives and feeds religious fanatism is fear and greed.. We go to God in hope that God will return or bless us with all the worldly benefits if we are nice to him. I guess, we just need to be nice to our fellow human beings and rest will be taken care of. Unfortunately this message is often subsided by current religious leaders and instead of that only hatred to other religious groups comes out which ultimately causes all the grief and war and evil in this world.  

No comments: