Friday, December 14, 2012

We don't need tears Mr. Obama

Buck stops at you Mr. President..

As our leader and President of world's most powerful nation I expect you to act.. instead wiping tears.. everyone is sad here.. We understand that human being inside you is sad.. but as President.. we expect actions.. and concrete actions.. not just tears or simple talk..

First desired action is really simple and everyone knows about it. It is time to amend second amendment... At least contain it.. I know it is tall order but is doable.. At least we need to put some restrictions in place..

In case, we can't amend this second amendment.. then I would expect you to create deterrent for such folks. Start with Armed Policeman in the school campus. So this law enforcement official can contain such incidences.. I know it will be a hell a lot boring job for this official.. but it is not that it can't be done..

For selection of such personnel, I am totally fine with complete profiling.. As such, we can't say anything about human brain.. but for such job which involves protecting young and innocent children, I would like all the available scientific resources to be applied to profile so that these officials shouldn't become insane and become attacker themselves.

If we can't even do this due to our frail budgetary situation and fiscal cliff type of challenges.. Then, please make voucher system as a default option so that I can use my own tax dollars to educate my kids in private schools of my choice.. which hopefully may be safer or I can make them safer without have to deal with red tape.. worse come worse.. if something happens there.. I will not have regret or you to blame to..

I am sure you may also have many good ideas.. However, here key is execution of these ideas.. These type of events are becoming almost quarterly news.. It does reflect on our society and values in general. We also need to ponder and think about this aspect.. what is happening to our values and why there is such a decline..We are suppose to make progress as time goes by.. isn't it.. Is there anything missing in our education system or some other media or news organization which is causing significant increase in such heinous events..

I don't know if it is just me or others are also noticing.. I some how feel that there is significant increase in number of news / reports on extreme religious, racism, nationalism and all sorts of profiling.. I think here media needs to be more cautious and responsible.. instead of providing all kinds of data and news on such they can easily provide news or data to unite all of us.. Why can't all the news be simply based on the fact that we all belong to human race.. which needs to evolve and become better and become more and more unified rather than get divided on petty issues like small groups.. Don't know if I am making any sense or not.. but somehow I feel that we as human need to unite and look for one simple common factor that everyone belongs to human race..


http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world/ci_22193995/tearful-obama-calls-meaningful-action-after-connecticut-shooting

No comments: