Monday, March 21, 2011

Is end of Mobile Competition in US near?

If AT&T and T-Mobile's merger goes through, I think it will be catastrophic for Cell consumers in US. What ever the reason may be, as of now US consumers pay one of the highest charges for what may be at the best called shabby service in Cellphone market. I think, after this merger it will be even worse. I remember, when AT&T had purchased, SBC's cell phone business and promises were made about improved and great service as a result of that merger. Yeah.. we did got iPhone on AT&T.. and I think that was it it.. In the name of improved service we only got more dropped calls and continued to get poor reception and same higher rates or even higher...

I don't know.. In case, Obama administration's FTC/FCC allows this merger.. I am going to hate this administration forever. I believe, it won't be just me, there will be millions of AT&T's subscriber who will hate it.. Not that T-Mobile's service is any great, but as long as there are two players in GSM mobile area, there was hope that things may be better. IF, this merger goes through.. nobody will have any hopes of better cellphone service ever in US..

I hope administration will see how past mergers in this area has resulted in so called better pricing for consumers and will decide accordingly.

No comments: