Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hackers Strike Back to Support WikiLeaks

One of headline on WSJ. Though I am against any form of violence but from bottom of heart I like this news. Honestly, I am kind of against Pay Pal and MasterCard for budging so easily under government threat. It is really shame that these companies despite being based in Silicon Valley participated in these crimes. 
I have decided to shut down my Pay Pal account and Cut down all my master cards in protest. I guess, if we can start some kind of revolution against these companies who are helping to suppress all the truth.. I was looking for pages/sites where we can start something like that. Didn't find anything good. May be it is time to start something like that. Here is the news article:
 
===============
A growing list of organizations and individuals that have tangled with WikiLeaks and its detained founder, Julian Assange, have suffered online attacks, in what appears to be an effort by hackers bent on exacting revenge for the document-leaking website.
The attacks stepped up Wednesday, a day after Mr. Assange was arrested and denied bail in London in connection with sexual-misconduct accusations in Sweden. A range of organizations, including MasterCard Inc., and the Swedish prosecutor's office, reported technical difficulties with their websites that appear to stem from so-called denial of service attacks, in which computers flood a server to prevent it from displaying a Web page.
The attacks in recent days have hit eBay Inc.'s PayPal as well as MasterCard, both of which have pulled services from WikiLeaks in recent days. Also affected: Swiss bank PostFinance. The unit of Swiss Post recently closed Mr. Assange's account, saying he provided a false address in Geneva, failing to meet the bank's requirement of Swiss residency for account holders. While the attacks caused some business disruption, they were mostly annoying rather than crippling.

1 comment:

Shai said...

I got new card for my existing master card today in mail. I told my wife that I am going to cut it. However, she told me that I am getting to aggressive now a days.
Well, my logic is that I am not going and standing in front of master card building and throwing some stones at them. I am following Gandhi ji's principle to boycott them. I am simply using my power to chose and I chose not to use the company or product which I don't like. How can I be aggressive. I can't think of any other peaceful way to protest and express my displeasure for Master Card/Visa/PayPal's support to government to suppress truth. I am just standing for truth. However, ugly it may be..