Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Twitter Valued at $3.7 Billion in Funding

Twitter Valued at $3.7 Billion in Funding

Twitter said it has raised a round of funding that valued the company at $3.7 billion, becoming the latest Web start-up to attract a multibillion-dollar valuation.

Personally I think twitter is not going to sustain for long time. It was interesting concept however, it was big fad and still it is big fad. I feel that it has limited utility in terms of usage. With proliferation of smart phones and apps with built in notifications in emails/facebooks and other news apps like (CNBC/CNN), twitter will have limited usage. Unless we want information overload, or if I don't have anything to do, I rarely go to twitter.

What do you think? on other hand, I think, pie is big enough that it will take care of Twitter as well... It is interesting and yet so simple concept that it will sustain test of time.. 

No comments: