Thursday, December 9, 2010

iPad Revolution

I was reading this article in WSJ:

IPads as Weapon in Medical Sales

Nutshell... iPad is changing way we work, live, enjoy and may be even sleep (my dad loves when his iPad is used as night clock providing him both night light and time which some how he has to check 4-5 times!!!). 
Well this article was about pharma companies doling out iPad to all of their sales force and putting all literature and sales demos/tools in iPad. I don't know where we will go with this.. 


Honestly, I was very skeptical when iPad was announced almost a year back. I was comparing it with apple TV and made big time fun of my cousin who posted on his facebook that he wants iPad.. Well I have to agree now that he proved right!!


So, what is the reason with such a huge success of iPad. I guess, it is few basic things which despite being obvious, none of the other manufacturers could understand or able to do it. I could shortlist Usability and Graphics as one the finalists which makes Apple products so much lovable. Nobody could beat them in terms of usability.. I agree. they are number one for long time.. however, I can't understand what is wrong with graphics. Why can't anybody else render graphics as they do. Starting from iPhone to iPad to their MAC line. It is simply amazing.. I watch DVDs on my macbook and they are almost blu-ray quality on TV. even with dismal MAC machine configuration, they simply do amazing job when it comes to Graphics rendering.


However, another aspect is.. it makes you so addicted to iPhone.. sometimes if I forget it at home.. I feel so lonely :-) as if something is missing from my life.. there is some kind of confidence when I have iPhone with me. I don't need anybody else if I have any question.. I can simply google on it.. Well that is just me.. But definitely iPad and similar devices are going to change way we work, play and live and off course sleep!!!


Cheers!!

1 comment:

Setu Garg said...

Lesson learnt: do not make fun of your cousin.

And I think the biggest success factor is the way you do things on these iOS devices. I am using an android device for the past few days. It can do everything an iOS device can, but not in the same way. It doesn't feel right. There is no proper visual feedback to let you know that some thing has happened. This is something apple is very good at.